Keeping up with SRUCSA – February 2021
- We met with the new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion coordinator and got their advice on Skiffington Cottage and shared our Black Lives Matter policy.
- Had two catch-ups with the principal and academic director.
- Been involved in careers guidance gap analysis to help provide the best careers advice service for SRUC students.
- Had central and north student panels.
- Organised an opportunity for class reps to feedback on the timetabling and semesterisation of the year direct to the Head of Learning and Teaching.
- Went to Rural Mental Health Forum, took student questions to MSP hustings.
- Had our SRUCSA Executive meeting.
- Spoke with South and west and Central catering team to figure out the future of what food will be available on campus.
- Met with resident students at the Oatridge Campus and SRUC Residence Services manager to help them get weekly meetings started.
- Attended NUS catch up with NUS and Scottish Funding Council to make sure students are adequately supported in this crisis.
- We attended online engagement session workshops run by NUS to improve our online engagement skills.
- Attended all Strategic Recovery planning Group meetings. Raised an issue around trying to prevent international students paying hotel fees during quarantine isolation.
- Attended the SRUC Board strategy day. Giving student insight into SRUC strategy including moving forward with Degree Awarding Powers.
- Ran student sessions for Student Parents and Carers and Class Rep sessions and open to all student sessions. We won’t be running these in future.
- Ran our Annual Election Nominations, resulting in more nominees than ever before.
- Ran a special engagement session to with Work-Based Learners to find out how we can provide them with better representation.
- Put out our Weekly updates on social media to keep you informed of our work.