Clubs and Societies
Your student experience at SRUC involves much more than being in the classroom!
SRUCSA offers a range of student-led clubs and societies. This is to make sure your free time is just as fun as your course.
These are open to everyone studying at SRUC and are run by your fellow students with assistance and funding from SRUCSA.
Join an existing society!
Send an email to get involved!
- Barony OWLS (Organisation for the Wellbeing of Learners) – Get in touch
- CRAB (Countryside Rangers Barony) – Get in touch
- OWLS (Organisation for the Wellbeing of Learners) – Get in touch
Or start your own
- Board Games
- Book Club
- Rural Skills
- Farm Management
- Mountaineering and Climbing
- Good News
If you have an idea for a club or society that isn’t offered at your campus, SRUCSA would be happy to help you set it up!
As long as you can show that there is an appropriate amount of interest from other students we can provide advice, support and funding to get you going
- It can be any kind of club that takes part in any kind of activity
- It doesn’t have to be related to a course or subject delivered by SRUC
- If you need specific resources (equipment, space, transport etc.) SRUCSA can help source and pay for these
For more information and advice on how to set up your club or society check out the starter pack below or send and email to:
SRUCSA can help support those of you that compete in an individual sport, we can help pay for transport and entry fees for events. In the past individuals have represented SRUCSA at national level running and mountain biking events.
We have also helped support those who have competed at a national level in a team sport. In the past, we have helped students play for the Scottish Shinty University team and the Scottish Rugby League team.