Class Reps are an essential part of the SRUCSA Representation System!
They are known as Student Leaders because they actively collect the opinions of the classmates on the education they are receiving and their comments on the experience of studying at SRUC.
They also take the lead in trying to find solutions to issues that arise and work with staff and other students toward making a positive change on their course.
SRUCSA needs enthusiastic and motivated students to stand up and become Class Reps so we ensure that the representative system works effectively and students can make their voices heard across the college.
What do Class Reps Do?
- Communicate with their classmates to discuss the course and how its run
- Gather information, identify issues and collect evidence to present to staff
- Attend meetings with staff to represent the opinion and issues gathered from classmates
- Work with staff to seek appropriate solutions to any issues
What are the benefits of being a Class Rep?
- You ‘ll help make a positive change to the student experience of your class
- You will develop a range of skills and experience that will help with employability
- You’ll have an opportunity to network and make new connections across the college
- Full training and on-going support throughout the year will be provided by SRUCSA
- Possibility of undertaking an SQA qualification as part of the role (to further enhance skills)